Friday, March 6, 2020

2020Ponce-RojasAlejandra

Image result for paz errazuriz photography
I really like the photography of Paz Errazuriz. Before my classmate presented the pieces, I was reflecting and thinking about the individual in the image. I had many ideas on how they may identify or what energy they are giving off with their pose and attire. I thought the idea of the photographer was interesting in terms of how they framed the individual and how we can see a part of the model's reflection in the mirror. Is it what I want to see or something I am projecting was my next question to myself. So, for me this photographer really forced me to reflect on the assumptions I made before the image was presented and described by my classmate. After hearing the photographers goal of capturing subjects that lived in sub/revel/sinful culture, this intimate feeling came from the photo to me. I connected to how the subject is laying sensually across the bed, seemingly calm and ready to STRIKE! (a pose on? yes). And hearing that transvestites have a better way in bed because of their imagination- a don't doubt it. The queers stay TOPPING...! all sort of energies and levels of analyzing their sexuality and the bodies fluidity when it comes to passion and love. Its a photo that really made me think what assumptions may come with this image but also the badass story behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment