Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Extra Credit_ Carlos Borayo

This past weekend I went to volunteer at self help graphics Boyle Heights for the art exhibit right after class that was going to happen on. I had so much fun because that was my first time ever volunteering for an art exhibit. Overall what we did, in my opinion, was simple we just painted walls but the art that was going to be shown was actually going to be placed on the walls we painted so it's pretty cool in my opinion I get to say that I helped even though I did not art at all. I guess I just enjoyed doing something that I have never done before and I made someone's life a little easier by helping out. Also, I got to see the art before it was put up for the public to see it was truly beautiful and the art because it was about women it reminded me of my twin sister and mother because they are strong and influential people in my life. I actually want to do more volunteer work for this place again because I had a great time and I get to help people who are similar to me and who care about similar things.

I'm very grateful to have been given this opportunity to visit this place and to meet the people their so in the future I will definitely try to volunteer and who knows maybe I will see some of my art one day or even a close friend of mines, all I can say is I'm excited to find out.



No comments:

Post a Comment