Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Week 10 REFLECTION

This class is definitely something different I had a lot of fun throughout the quarter. I remember when my advisor signed me up for a four-hour class on a Friday I was pissed because I wanted to sleep in and not have to get up early. Well after the first class I thought this class is going to be cool. I said that because of two reasons. One was us having to write all those artists on the board and I got to write the name of any artist and I choose a graffiti artist so I thought that was cool because I am taking a class talking about a graffiti writer. Then the second reason that made me like the class was the fact that we had to write women artist name on the board and we had to write the artist name I was so shocked because I wrote a mans name and I was shocked when I realize I don't really know any female artist name. After that, I knew that I was going to learn a lot about women artists especially Chicana artists.

Overall my class experience was fun because I got to learn about many great Chicana/X and LatinX artists who all had amazing work. Also, even though I lost my drawing book in week five half the time we were allowed to draw in class and I enjoyed that. I also, go to volunteer at an art exhibit that I believe was meant to inspire women artists from the Boyle Heights area.

No comments:

Post a Comment