Friday, March 6, 2020

week 10

At the end of the quarter, I start to reflect on what I have learned in our class. I believe my gains could be divided into two aspects: art historical wise, I learned a lot about different Chicana artists and I was able to compare and contrast the works of these artist;  technical wise, I practiced shading and one point perspectives and were introduced to different drawing techniques. Overall, I really enjoyed the class and was really happy to be exposed to an area I have no knowledge about. Chicana artists today don't get the attention they deserved and I really believe that opening a class like this does help to make students aware of the current situations of these artists.
What I liked about the most for this class is the practice of drawing hands. I have tried different techniques: from shading realistically to outlining abstracting. I have also used a lot of different medium like water color, colored pencil and regular pencils. Even with same techniques, different medium bring different atmosphere to the drawings. Over the quarter, I developed my signature technique of drawing hands from continuous practices. I was introduced to the technique of lining and started to explore the beauty of lines or 2D. In modern arts, lines are thought to be the true qualities of visual arts in 2D forms since it doesn't mimic the effects of sculptures or other forms of 3D arts. Without shading that creates volume, these lines gave my hands a unique quality of modernity.

No comments:

Post a Comment