Monday, March 9, 2020

Week 8: Cassandra Giraldo

The artist that caught my attention was the  Photojournalist Casandra Giraldo presented by Bobby. I really enjoyed the natural lighting she was able to capture in her images which made her images look very unique and complex in her lighting choices. I went to her online page and I really liked a series she did on students afterschool in Brooklyn. The series really resonated with me because it highlighted a lot of students in different areas after they were done with school. It showed couples, students in sports, doing work, and other areas the students would be at. The way that photos looked raw and didn't need to be set up really stood out to me. I like it when some photos are candid and aren't set up to look a certain way. I also really like the series she did called crazy "fur" Obama on a particular style and look that some individuals had in the cold supporting Obama"s presidency. It does a great job capturing the people in their natural states  of the individuals without any gimmicks to distract from the essence of the picture which were unique outfits on people, but also including the political presence of the presidency of Obama. She is documenting events in history that can easily fo overlooked but she also manages to incorporate her unique style in her photos by using lighting techniques that use a lot of shadows to create different shapes and designs.  I like her usage of what is in front of what and how she works with it.
Image result for cassandra giraldoImage result for cassandra giraldo

No comments:

Post a Comment