Monday, March 9, 2020

Week 10 - Reflection

In the beginning of this class I was not aware of what to expect from this class since I do not have a strong background in art. I thought it might be a little challenging for me to complete assignments in this class since I am not good at art, but to my surprise these assignments cam easy to me and were pretty fun to complete. I would go as far to say that is was the most enjoyable class of the quarter for me because the assignments in the sketchbook allowed me to let out my own creativity in many ways. It was very interesting to learn about the several Chicana artists in this class because I felt like I could connect with them since I am also a Chicana woman. Also a lot of the artists that we discussed were powerful women who were not afraid to speak up for themselves and not afraid to spread the message they wanted to which I liked a lot. Not only were we able to learn about Chicana artists through reading and lectures, but we were also given the opportunity to learn from the artists themselves when we had guest speakers in the class. So far one of my favorite assignments from this class was the stencil we did for the front cover and a page inside of the book. I had a lot of fun picking, drawing, and cutting out the design that I ultimately put on my front cover. The other assignment that I thought was cool was the portrait that we are currently working on. For me my favorite type pf assignments were the ones in the sketchbook that allow me to be creative, it was very de-stressing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment