Saturday, December 4, 2021

Reflections

 

This class far exceeded my expectations. I am so happy I took this class! This was probably one of my favorite WAC classes I've taken. I also really liked the activism part of it. I feel like a lot of WAC classes teach you about arts activism, but you do not actually get to do it or participate. But with this class the Wiki page was a huge form of activism, and something that really needed to be done, especially for certain artists. My favorite artist we learned about was probably Camen Lomas Garza and Xandra Ibarra. Their work was very different from each other but I loved both. When I get my own place I definitely plan to put some of Garza's paintings on my walls. The Wikipedia article was very challenging, but useful to learn. The technical part of it was probably the hardest, but also because my artist did not have a lot of information on her, so it was hard to piece everything together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment