Wednesday, December 8, 2021

maxwell, charlina week 10

 I chose this class to fill a requirement, it sounded interesting though I didn’t know what to expect. Maybe something more similar to the art history courses that I take for my major. However this class ended up being like no class I have taken at Ucla so far. Because of this I found a lot of difficulty in the organization of the class, though it was clear that we should post on blogger each week and do our two page papers on certain dates, it was very unclear to me when to do my modules and how. It seemed that no matter how I tried to keep organized there was always a surprise assignment that I somehow missed. The content for this course is undeniably important, chicana art and artists is such a new field and so essential to add to the postcolonial narrative. Which is why I would have benefitted from much more clear cut course requirements. I really enjoyed the artists that I was introduced to in this course, and I was introduced to so many incredible artists, maybe more than in any other art class. I just wish everything had been more organized, and I think future students would benefit greatly from a revised course structure. Besides that an honorable mention to my classmates who are just great people, and have stepped in to assist me with every question I have had immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment