Friday, November 21, 2014

My Letter to Jeaneen Carlino

Dear Jeaneen Carlino,
            I would first like to say that I am a huge fan of your work. My favorite piece of yours is the piece called the Priestess of the Wind. The overall picture is very beautiful and feminine.  I like the fact that part of the artwork is made with graphite pencil and the rest is painted with acrylic. What catches my eye with this particular painting is the shape of the woman’s eyes because they are hypnotizing and just amazing to stare at. I would first like to ask you what your inspiration for your work is. I read in many articles that mythology and goddesses inspire you but I want to know how you became intrigued by these themes. I also wanted to ask what kind of goddess the woman in your work called Wisteria is suppose to be. She has tribal paint on her face but she also has gazelle antlers. I really love that painting and the hybrid of the woman and an animal made me very curious to why she was created like that. I really love your work and the themes of woman empowerment and femininity. All of the women your create represent strength, courage and beauty and I feel your work encourages every woman to know that they goddesses in there own way. Many of your works are very earthly and mythical which is the complete opposite of Los Angeles. I would like to know if, by being born and raised in Los Angeles, your work is in any way inspired by the city lifestyle. I am curious because I have notice that most artist, who were born in the city, to be inspired by street work and the city life. In their work it can be sometimes not as obvious and so I wanted to know if your work had some hidden stories about growing up in Los Angeles.
Sincerely,

Megan Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment