Sunday, November 16, 2014

Reply to "Better Late than Never?" post by Daniela Salazar

I was reading Daniela Salazar's as it attracted me because it was super long and I noticed it was an introduction post as well. I was particularly interested when she made remarks about the ways she personally connected to some of the things discussed in class. I found myself being able to connect with her experiences as well. In the paragraph where she speaks about her experiences with Virgen imagery she mentions how she was always a present image in her home but she never had a personal religious relationship with La Virgen Maria. I had the same experience with La Virgen where it was granted that her pictures, statues and candles will be in our home and family members as well. However, as a child I was mostly forced to attend Catholic mass and never felt a significant personal relationship with La Virgen or Catholic religion in general. Something that I found to be very interesting was when she mentioned her father.Similar to what her experiences seemed to be based on this post, I also had a father that was a bit too controlling toward my mother and the rest of the family. It was really interesting to see how this affected her family's religious process and home development. In my case, my father was someone that always enforced his patriarchal notions which ended up shaping my feminist and resistant views so it was very interesting to see how this patriarchal figure in her house affected her experiences as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment