Friday, December 12, 2014

Final Post


I really enjoyed this class. My favorite part of the class was the art project book because when I was stressed or even when I was watching Netflix on my laptop I would take out my book and draw. I never knew that I liked to draw before this class and now I cannot stop. Before this class I was discouraged to draw because I thought that my work had to look a certain way but now I know that my drawing should look how I envision it not how anyone else does. I also like how in this class we looked at many Chicana artists. I honestly had not heard of many of the artist that were presented but when there work was shown in class I was shocked that I had never heard of them. My favorite artist that was presented was Laura Aguilar because she exposes herself in a way that is personal. She allows her audience to see her at her most vulnerable and she allows her audience to know that there is beauty in everyone inside and out. I also like how this class showed the struggle of Chicana history and different each Chicana artist is. I realized that Chicana Art is not a certain art, it’s a piece art created by a Chicana artist. In class we were exposed to many art pieces that, without the last name attached to it, would not be under the name Chicana art. This class opened my eye to many things from knowing that I love to draw to learning about the struggles of Chicana artist even in today's society. Living in Los Angeles I am exposed to many types of arts but mostly art created by Chicanos and this class allowed me to learn to appreciate the art and know that there is a story to every work.

No comments:

Post a Comment