Friday, December 12, 2014

What I Learned

This was the first time I had ever taken an art class and doing so really opened my eyes to a whole new experience.  I feel like I learned a lot about how “art happens” and it really makes me feel like there’s always more to be discovered behind what the eye can see.  What I mean by that is that just because art is aesthetically pleasing, does not necessarily mean that its motivation may be equally pleasing.  In fact through this class I’ve noticed that art can be used to illustrate a broad range of feeling or emotions.  Perhaps a piece could be calm and serene, while other pieces are angry and stirring up a flurry of messages and emotions about a certain issue. 

I really liked learning drawing and coloring techniques in class as well because they really showed me that even with no artistic experience whatsoever, one can create a piece of art with an immense amount of meaning in it.  It doesn’t have to be a masterpiece work of art that is worthy of hanging in a museum, but rather it is the meaning that one puts into a piece of art that will truly give it its real value.

No comments:

Post a Comment