Saturday, October 31, 2015

Blog 5: Sketch Book Stencil

For this week’s blog, I decided to stick with this stencil to write about. This image is the logo for one of my favorite basketball teams in the National Basketball League (NBA), the Cleveland Cavaliers. By looking at the photo, you can already probably tell it is a sword going through a letter C. The letter C represents the name Cleveland, and the sword is a sword of a Cavalier, and that is where this image came from. I made the stencil using a printout of the logo onto the manila folder, and I printed on the folder because I felt that would be easier cutting it on a thicker material vs thinner paper like material. This image was very easy and simple to cut, until I had to cut the middle part between the C and the sword out. There was no other way of cutting the image without having to have a separate piece that was not attached to the image after it was fully cut. When it came time to paint the image onto my book, well that was not difficult either. I measured the original image with the stencil onto the book and I taped the middle piece where it belonged so I can have that perfect bridge of the sword inside the C. The image means a group of fighting Cavaliers that are fearless and have the will to never give up. This team has many other logos, but this one was the one I liked the most because of the design. I thought this image was very cool the first time I saw it, and I even thought about getting this tattooed on my body. In similarity to myself, this image represents the will to never give up on anything no matter how tough things get in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment