Saturday, October 31, 2015

Blog Post 5: Stencil




The images on my sketchbook are a rose and the LA Dodgers Logo. I created the rose stencil by drawing a quick sketch of a rose on the manila folder and then cutting out the petals and leaving a bridge in between them. The rose personally represents my family, specifically my mom and my three sisters. I selected to do a rose because my family is really important to me, and it reminds me of them now that I am away from home. The reminder of my family also serves as extra motivation to my studies here at UCLA.

I created the LA Dodgers logo by drawing the logo on the manila folder and then cutting it out. I forgot to create a bridge for the logo, so I had to scratch of some of the paint once it was on my sketchbook to make the logo accurate. The LA logo personally represents where I grew up and the love of sports. I grew up in Los Angeles and I am a huge Lakers fan and pretty much a fan of any team that plays for Los Angeles (except the Clippers). The rose and the LA logo really serve as reminder of my family and where I am from, overall I am very satisfied on how my sketchbook came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment