Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Blog 5: Stencil


I made two different stencils. One is the logo of the decepticons and the other is of the autobots. I chose these two figures to put the autobot in the front cover of my sketchbook and the
decepticon. These symbols make me reminisce about my childhood because I would watch some episodes in the morning with my sister while we ate breakfast before school. I also like the competition between the two. I classify myself as a competitive person because I have grown by setting goals for myself and competing with myself to see what my limits are mentally and physically.

I found difficulty in making these stencils even though they look fairly simplistic. I firstly found it hard to know where to cut and be careful not to cut any vital aspects to the stencil. Also, I am inexperienced with the X-acto knife and found that I would sometimes place too much pressure on the knife to where my fingers hurt and other times I would not place enough pressure and wouldn't cut completely through the folder. I also found it difficult to meet the cuts. For example, the edges had to meet well so that the paper would easily come off but I would have to pull the papers to rip them away from the stencil I was attempting to make.

Even though I had a tough time creating my stencil, I am excited to see the result on my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment