Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Tree Branch Stencil

I chose a branch stencil (with leaves) for my art book. I found a drawn image in Google images to print. I then used an X-acto knife to cut out the spaces for where I wanted to add my paint color to.

I like trees, a lot. So much so that people make fun of me and call me a tree hugger. I take it as a compliment. I decided on a branch as opposed to a tree since I'm a beginner at this and the full tree looked incredibly intricate. I will take that on as my next project, maybe.

Sitting outside among trees, and in peace and quiet is therapeutic for me. It has been for as long as I can remember. Especially since I value and enjoy solitude. Being alone with my thoughts and without distractions for a little while brings me back to center. It seems like a form of meditation because I feel energized after feeling and listening to the breeze make it's way through leaves in surrounding trees.

This was my second try in cutting out a stencil after the first one I made didn't look as good as I'd imagined. I'm glad I picked a simple style to represent something that I love, since it took a lot of time to cut this one out. I'm excited to add color to it, and to see the end result on the cover of my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment