Wednesday, October 28, 2015

For my cover I chose to do Mickey and Minnie Mouse about to kiss and a heart with other four other hearts on the side, I wanted to draw something that represented the Disney idea in general. Growing up I would go to Disneyland a lot because we were annual pass holders. From Disney the main theme I got was to love others. My mother would work hard so that we could spend family time at " the happiest place on Earth." The five hearts shown represent my four siblings and I. The two main characters represent our mother and father. They shaped us to be caring and tolerant individuals. Family has always being an important concept for us. We are encouraged to love and support each other even when times get hard.
Although I am college I still like going to Disneyland because it reminds of happy times. When I was young, I did not have to worry about having a lot of homework  or having less time to sleep. Whenever I feel stressed if I cannot make a trip to the theme park, Disney movies comfort me. The memories pour in and my mood changes. Being in college made me see the importance of having a strong bond with family. Just talking to them on the phone can reassure me that I can do anything I set my mind to.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karina,

    Your stencil came out beautiful and I am extremely jealous. I was incredibly moved by your story behind your stencil, and I understand how impactful childhood and parents are to a person. There is so much meaning in your design that some would not even consider. When I first saw your picture I thought it was because you're a massive Disney fan, but when I read your paragraph it was clearly bigger than that. I always say family before anything else, and I have a feeling you would say the same.

    P.s. That’s one of my favorite quotes from Winnie the Pooh.

    ReplyDelete