Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sketchbook Stencil

         I chose a hibiscus flower for my sketchbook cover stencil. There are multiple reasons why I decided I wanted this image to define who I am. Firstly, I love plants and flowers and the hibiscus is my absolute favorite because of the large petal shape as well as the protruding style in the center which gives the flower so much personality. Secondly, I adopted this adoration of plants from my mother who always keeps a fresh bouquet of flowers in our home in addition to a a few dozen plants both inside and outside our home. My mother means the world to me and she is my wonder woman. Any passion, hope, and happiness I possess can be attributed to her joy, struggles, and endless supply of motivation. The third significance is that I am a proud vegan of nine years and counting and plants and a plant based diet are very near and dear to my heart and lifestyle. The fourth and final significance is that agua de jamaica is one of my favorite drinks and my father makes this drink from scratch and it is delicious! It reminds me of simpler times in my childhood and how some memories never fail to bring a smile to my face. To put it simply, the hibiscus flower has a important personal and familial significance to me, one which I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment