Friday, October 30, 2015

Polaroid/Photography Stencil

The stenciled Polaroid is a representation of my love for photography, and my overall passion for art. Unfortunately, my talents do not lie in drawing or painting, so I use digital media to create my own art. Every now and then, I like to take my camera, explore LA, look through the lens, and create a snapshot of my perspective. For years I studied the art of photos, it was not until this year when I was encouraged to take them. With help from my photography friends, I went to Malibu Beach, Downtown LA, and the hilltops of cities to take landscape photos. Prior to these trips, I had no knowledge on how to operate a semi-professional camera. I have always left the exposure and aperture on auto so the camera can do all the work as I shoot photos. However, I now have knowledge and continue to gain knowledge on the ins-and-outs of taking the perfect photos. I seek out youtube channels to better my understanding and my friends for hands-on lessons. Aside from being an expensive hobby, it does require much patience. Especially when capturing a landscape photo with the right lighting, which can take hours or days. For photography, my preference is landscape but I do not want to limit myself. I am also interested in portraits and action photography of animals and athletes. Photography is more than just a representation of artistic expression, it is a representation of my love for new experiences.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Polaroids! I used to have one as a decoration. Your new hobby of taking photographs reminded me of Carmen Lomas Garza, and how she dreamed of becoming an artist. She took a risk, as I perceive you are doing with photography. Stepping out of your comfort zone is very commendable, and I hope you master this new task. P.S. Remember to label your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will take time but thankfully I have the patience. Thank you for reminding me about the label!

      Delete