Friday, October 30, 2015

Wolf Stencil

My stencil is a wolf. The reason I chose a wolf is because my dad's hometown in Mexico is known for having a huge population of wolves in the mountains where the poorest population of the town lives so he has seen wolves all the time. Since I have been to Mexico myself I have seen the wolves some behave more like dogs by falling people around and asking for food, others are a little more aggressive so they stay away from the village until after sundown. Similar to my dad, my mom comes from a different area in Mexico where they are also known for having wolves (in addition to mountain lions) that roam around once the sun goes down but these wolves are different from where my dad comes from, these wolves do not trust human populations at all. The fierceness of a wolf is also important because I also see the strength a wolf represents in my mom and dad as the heads of our family. That is why I chose that particular stencil with that particular expression. The stencil has its own meaning to me as well, as the first in my family to go to college, I hope to be a leader and be a good role model to my younger brothers like a leader to a wolf pack. It might be a little silly but its the best way to describe the significance of the stencil to me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment