Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Stencil

For my stencil I chose to make a stencil out of a camera. I've loved photography for a long time. I love being able to capture things or moments and trying to recreate a feeling you get when you're looking at something. The camera I chose to make a stencil out of is one I use. It's a medium format camera which allows you to capture larger negatives. This is a film camera. I love working with film because I feel much more in control of the image and much more comfortable. I've also learned darkroom techniques which make the quality of my images better than digital images. The most important part of working with film and the darkroom for me is the ability to use my hands. I don't enjoy sitting at a screen clicking away, I prefer to agitate, dodge and burn and feel the paper. The process of creating a stencil reminded me of the analog ways of film. It was time consuming and frustrating even, but it worked out better than I thought it would. I was impressed with the first stencil I decided to duplicate it in the opposite direction. I picked blue just because I liked it and it turned out to be similar to Bruin colors which I was quite happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment