Thursday, February 13, 2020

WEEK 6 Stencil

It took awhile for me to think of what I wanted to do my stencil on. I wanted to ensure that what the stencil was, signified something important to me. What I ended up choosing was a drawing that I have had for about a decade now. The drawing is a skull smoking a blunt with a tophat. I chose this to be my stencil because the drawing was hand drawn by my uncle who passed away in 2007. Since I have had the drawing, over the course of the decade, the drawing began to erase so I had to retrace the lines to make them darker and to preserve the nature of the drawing. However, the paper is also very old and it has begun to deteriorate. There are cigarette burns in the paper as well and it is also water damaged so it is increasing the aging of the paper rather quickly now. Since I want to preserve this drawing, I am turning it into a stencil, so that it can be kept with me and I will not need to worry about it erasing or ripping. I will use this stencil as an image for the inside of my sketchbook because it will represent how much I do like to do art and how I will keep practicing to make my drawing skills better.

No comments:

Post a Comment