Monday, February 10, 2020

Du Skylar extra credit


My Guadalupe is inspired by Lopez's transformation of an ordinary Chicana, redefining the the new standard of beauty owned by the Chicana community: they are independent, confident and not afraid to show their sexualities.
My version of Guadalupe is a free, confidence womanShe doesn't have any facial feature; she is not lean nor fat. She is no longer this idealized beautiful female goddess. She is now a normal woman who could be anyone around us. She is the presentation of everyone. 
 Waving her arms joyfully, she is dancing naked in front of the eyes of the others. Her movement no longer restricted by the heavy fabric. She is transformed into a happy dancer who celebrates her freedom, her nudity and femininity. She is not trying to be seductive. Rather than hiding her sexuality,  she is not afraid to show it in front of other people. She is no longer burdened by their expectation for women. She is proud of being a free and confidence woman.
She is the kind of women that truly embraces her sexuality. As I grow up, I struggled to embrace my sexuality. My mom always asked me to act like a lady and to dress more feminine. And I would always go against her since I knew she did so just to make sure I meet the society's expectations for women. However, as I got older, I started to embrace my own femininity and sexuality and realize being feminine does not necessarily means to please others. 
I feel good being a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment