Friday, February 21, 2020

Week 8

The artist I thought was really cool was Melissa Depaz because of her use of color and line drawings. Her style is something that I find myself enjoying a lot when I see artist works. I first chose to write about this artist because I found it cool that she represented her city I her work. Compton also reminds me of my sister who loves her Compton shirt and is constantly wearing it. When the guy presented this artist he was really compelling you could tell he really enjoyed her art and was proud of her work. I like how through her art she is able to make her city grow. I felt really inspired by the fact that when she included that coffee shop into her artwork she saved it from being closed down. I think that this is one of the most important things that someone could do, help those in need. I also really enjoyed the college merchandise that he showed us in class. The simplicity of her seater design was something that really drew me in. I love the line technique that she used and the monochromatic feel of the whole product. The lines were perfectly tick and extremely pleasing to look at. I also think her choice to include the red logo to adorn the top of the building rather than keeping it black was a great choice. her goal was to bring attention to the school so the logo was a great way to create a appealing piece while also highlighting the college she mad it for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment