Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Week 1 Introduction(Moving it to the right name)

Hey Everyone! My name is Gerardo Sanchez-Camarena. I am currently a 3rd year majoring in Political Science with a possible minor in Chicano and Chicana Studies or Public Health.  I was born and raised in Inglewood, California and have lived there for about 15 years. The reason why I decided to join this class was because I want to learn more about the history that minorities like myself went through and what they did to break barriers that enabled them to getting a higher education. Most importantly, since I have always had an interest in art, I want to learn about iconic painting, drawing, and artists who shaped our history.

A little bit about my experience as a Bruin, when I first came to UCLA, I had no idea what environment I was getting into. Lucky enough, a friend of mine who also got accepted to UCLA recommended me to join FSP or Freshman Summer Program. It served to be a good transition and gave me a good impression of what I was going to do fall quarter. Now that I am in my 3rd year at UCLA, I realized that things eventually start falling into place without you noticing. One thing I've noticed is that time moves extremely fast for some inexplicable reason. That being said, learn how to manage your time, hang out with the right people, and major in something you find interesting. That simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment