Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Week 8: Artwork

Last weeks presentations were all very informative and unique to see. The one I found the most interesting was the Selena art work. There was a lot of different things going on in that painting. The first thing I saw was the Halo on top of her head which signifies the Virgen of Guadalupe and in a way referencing Selena as a symbolic figure. Selena was a very significant person in my generation which is why I was so intrigued by this art work. Selena also died at a very young age and in my family she was a women that we all appreciated and admired a lot. I think that is why I loved this image so much because it resonated with me and reminded me a lot of my family and her music when I was younger. In addition, at the bottom of the house there are footprints in the sand which signify religion and how God will always be there to follow and guide you. In front of the house there is a cactus and I believe that signifies her Mexican roots because it is known that a cactus is used to represent the Mexican culture. A lot of these artist paintings are really hard to interpret because you need to be able to understand what the artist is trying to say and sometimes you might be able to relate to the work. Selena is such an amazing art work because she is such an iconic person at least in my generation she is someone who many Hispanic families loved

No comments:

Post a Comment