Sunday, March 8, 2020

Reflection

This Chicana Art and Artists course has been very interesting for me. I enjoyed learning about so many female Chicana artists and their different styles of artwork. I love art. It was great learning how to draw all of the different positions of the hands for the American Sign Language alphabet assignment in our sketchbook. I also enjoyed the extra credit assignment of drawing our own version of the Virgen de Guadalupe in my sketchbook. The sketchbook cover stencil assignment was kind of challenging for me. Because I chose such an intricate photo to create a stencil design for my sketchbook. I had to carefully cut out the design for the stencil several times using different types of materials, until I was finally satisfied with what I created. I also enjoyed the drawing self-portrait. My only problem with that assignment was the fact that I had used a darker graphite pencil when I was drawing and part of the image transferred over onto the next page. I have noticed that happening on other pages in my sketchbook. I guess it might be because I am applying too much pressure onto the paper when I'm drawing. Maybe, I should probably keep a blank piece of transfer paper in between the pages of the sketchbook. The other assignment that I really enjoyed was the one about the free draw/write. I felt like that assignment helped me to vent about what was going on in my life at that particular moment. Art is such a powerful tool, that transcends restricted boundaries. It is a means of expression that is conceptualized and visualized.

No comments:

Post a Comment